This oat milk chai latte recipe is the perfect warming drink! Hot spiced chai tea, natrually sweetened, with steamed oat milk is vegan, gluten free and SO cozy! Great for breakfast or for a afternoon tea break, enjoy with some cookies or biscuits and unwind.
This Oat Milk Chai Latte Recipe Is:
- All Natural
- Lightly sweetened with maple syrup
- A great breakfast or snack
- Vegan, gluten free, and made with pantry staple ingredients!
The BEST Pantry Staple Latte Recipe
This chai at milk latte recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple drink! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand! Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy recipes using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
Make Your Chai Latte Dairy Free & Gluten Free
This gluten free chai tea latte recipe is a simple meal to make without the wheat. I’m all about making recipes gluten free when I can. Gluten free cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around gluten free pantry staples and swapping in a few wheat-less ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite gluten free pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my gluten free recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meals for everyone at your table.
What’s In This Chai Oat Milk Latte?
- Vahdam India’s Chai Tea: I use the Vanilla Chai from their amazing Chai Gift Assortment – seriously the perfect gift for the tea lover in your life!
- Old Fashioned Oats: or rolled oats. I like using Bob’s Red Mill brand because I can find those at most stores and online. I like using old fashioned – avoid using quick oats, as they can get gummy. Always get oats that are certified gluten free if you have a wheat allergy.
- Water: use regular or bottled, whatever you would normally drink
- Maple Syrup: being married to a Canadian, you better believe we only use real 100% pure maple syrup – none of that fake pancake syrup junk! Get the real deal, trust me, it’s worth it! If you don’t like the flavor of maple syrup you can use a different natural sweetener! Raw honey is a favorite on our homestead (as a beekeeper I’d definitely recommend!) or this awesome inexpensive organic agave syrup.
Easy 5-Minute Oat Milk Latte for a Quick Breakfast!
This chai oat milk latte is what I call an Easy Weekday Recipe – which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those days or nights when you want a healthy homecooked treat but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, drinks to desserts, and pastas and proteins – a healthy recipe can be on your table in no time. Make a latte faster than ordering from the coffee house!
If you don’t drink sweetened tea, you can leave the maple syrup or natural sweetener out of this one. Or substitute in your favorite sweetener of choice!
How Do I Make This Chai Vegan Oat Milk Latte Recipe?
Other Great Vegan Drink Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Used for My Vegan & Gluten Free Oat Milk Chai Tea Latte:
As always, if you make this homemade vegan oat milk chai tea latte recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Oat Milk Chai Latte
- Make the Oat Milk (makes 4 cups). Combine 1 cup oats, 4 cups water, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup in a blender. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before blending.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds. Strain though a fine mesh strainer, cheese cloth, or a nut milk bag. DO NOT squeeze the oat milk through the strainer, let it strain naturally. If you force the milk through, it can get slimy and no one wants that.
- Boil hot water and pour over 1 tsp Vahdam India Vanilla chai tea.
- Heat 1/2 cup of milk over low in a sauce pan, and pour the oat milk into the chai tea, and enjoy!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!